Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mount Vernon Mnemonic

The Mount Vernon neighborhood in Baltimore is the cities oldest, and in my opinion, its prettiest district. There are some fine photos on another blog here.

Here's a funny acrostic mnemonic device I made up the other day for remembering the streets that constitute Mount Vernon.
In the course of a volunteer job I undertake a few times monthly, Ive found myself wishing I had a better grasp of the area...and thus, my mnemonic:

West to East streets:


MnemonicStreet
Howard'sHoward
PetPark
CatCathedral
ChallengedCharles
St. Paul'sSt. Paul
CalfCalvert
GreatlyGuilford


North to South streets:

MnemonicStreet
Mr.Mount Royal
PeanutPreston
BroughtBiddle
Chase Chase
EagerlyEager
Rallied Read
MoreMadison
MenMonument
ClamoringCenter
For Franklin
MulberriesMulberry

enjoy!

No comments: